Tinsukia: Altogether 16 students of Dibrugarh University tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, prompting authorities to cancel all ongoing and upcoming examinations.
The development has compelled health authorities to declare three hostels as containment zone to contain the spread of the disease.
In a notification, Dibrugarh University controller of examinations PK Kakoty said, all postgraduate (PG) examinations (both traditional and professional) including Integrated MSc in Physics stands postponed until further notification.
Similarly, all undergraduate (UG) professional examinations including BEd, B Tech, LLB, BA LLB (H), BCom LLB (H) and BBA LLB (H) stand postponed.
“The ongoing BA, B Sc and B Com examinations under non-CBCS (choice-based credit system) mode have been postponed with effect from April 26,” the notification read.
Kakoty said that the revised schedule of the postponed examinations will be notified in compliance with guidelines/SOPs of the government of Assam and UGC issued from time to time.
The registrar of Dibrugarh University has also issued a detailed notification announcing the SOP decided by the Dibrugarh University administration.
On Friday, Assam registered the highest single-day positive cases of Covid-19. The state recorded 2384 cases and 12 deaths, tweeted minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation