Guwahati: Popular Assamese singer Vitali Das died of COVID-19 on Wednesday evening. She was undergoing treatment at the Kalapahar Covid Hospital in Guwahati and breathed her last at 7.05 p.m.
According to sources, Vitali Das tested positive after performing at a Bihu function at Latasil playground in Guwahati on April 14. On April 16, the singer was admitted to the hospital and later shifted to the ICU as her condition deteriorated. Das, 42, sang nearly 5,000 Assamese numbers.
Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma expressed his grief on the singer’s demise and offered his sympathy to the grieved family.
Assam currently has 7,685 active cases of Covid-19.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel