Guwahati: Amid Bihu celebrations across the state, the Covid-19 positivity rate jumped to 2.72 percent as Assam recorded 499 new cases on Thursday.
According to data tweeted by Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday, as many as 18,323 tests were carried out on Thursday.
The number of tests have seen a significant decline since April 12, when as many as 1,02,182 tests were carried out, out of which 583 were found to be positive. On April 13, the state saw 59,310 tests with 590 positive reports, and on April 14, the number of tests stood at 30,065 with 385 positive cases, as per data provided by National Health Mission, Assam.
Kamrup Metro district, which includes Guwahati, recorded the highest number of 255 cases in the state with a high overall positivity rate of 5.53 percent. Out of the 804 RT-PCR tests carried out in the district on Thursday, 142 were found to be positive (17.77 percent positivity rate), as per officials.
- US: ‘Unwavering commitment’ to India as Major defence partner
- Over 82.57 cr COVID vaccine doses given to states, UTs so far: Govt
- World Pharmacist Day: Know why it is celebrated, theme for this year
- COVID-19 recoveries continue to surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- Women’s rights activist Kamla Bhasin passes away at 75
- Nagaland Lottery September 25: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result