Guwahati: Assam girl Prapti Medhi brought laurels to the state by bagging a bronze medal at the 58th National Roller Skating Championship. Medhi secured the third position in the girls’ sub-junior quad skate category.
The championship started on March 31 and will continue till April 9 in Chandigarh and Mohali.
Prapti is the first and only skater from the Northeast to have secured a medal at the national-level skating championship.
The skating competition is organised by the Punjab Roller Skating Association and the Chandigarh Roller Skating Association. It is supported by Championship Roller Skating Federation of India.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA