Despite tall promises and talk of development by the BJP, a village not too far from the capital of Assam is yet to see basic developments such as electrification, road connectivity, and drinking water.
Most households in Dhandhariya village, a Karbi-dominated locality under Dispur constituency, located around 50 kilometers from the Assam Secretariat in Guwahati, have no other option but use kerosene lamps to light up their houses.
Watch the video below:
- Nagaland: Angami bodies, students clean iconic Kisama heritage village
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self
- Manipur: Kuki students slam tribal body’s call to lift NH-2 blockade
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake
- IIT Guwahati retains 7th spot in ‘Engineering’ category of NIRF rankings 2023
- Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for two NH projects in Assam