Silchar (Assam): A 35-year-old woman, her daughter and son were killed in Assam‘s Cachar district as their house collapsed during heavy rain and thunderstorm, police said on Thursday.
Ayesa Begum, her two-month-old daughter Khusi Begum and eight-year-old son Amin Laskar died as their house in Tilagram in Sonai police station area collapsed due to the overnight thunderstorm and rains, they said.
Three other family members were also injured and they were admitted to the Silchar Medical College and Hospital, police said.
Local MLA Aminul Haque Laskar, the state assembly’s deputy speaker, visited the spot and also spoke to the doctors at the hospital for ensuring proper treatment.
- Manipur: Delhi court prolongs NIA custody of accused for eight days
- Meghalaya: 2 boys from Garo Hills set to join Hyderabad FC Under-17 team
- ZPM leader Lalduhoma attributes Mizoram’s alarming AIDS rate to MNF’s governance
- Best Universities in the USA for Indian Students
- Day after Bhutan earthquake, Nepal, North India hit by tremors
- A microbiologist explains how to avoid food poisoning