Guwahati: A day before the first phase of voting for state Assembly elections, Assam Police found a unique way to educate netizens on how to vote safely amidst the surge of COVID-19 cases in the country.
The state police used our favourite childhood video game Super Mario to spread awareness on voting safely. It wrote, “Remember our childhood hero with the iconic moustache and ever-smiling face, Mario? Here’s a super message from our beloved Mario, on how to vote safely.”
The 48-second awareness video shows Mario on a mission to vote, he loses his first life as he forgets to wear a face mask. However, using his second life, Maria carefully goes to the polling station, completes the identification formalities, maintains social distance while waiting in line for his turn, and then goes to the polling booth to cast his vote, collects the verification slip and accomplishes his mission.
Social media users are thanking Assam police for reminding them of their childhood, and also praising their simple yet educational approach.
47 seats of the 126-member assembly will go to polls tomorrow.
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey
- Two from Manipur, one from Assam win Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2022
- Notification issued for Nagaland elections, no nomination on Day 1
- From bad omen to treasured friends: how Hargila found home in Assam
- Eyeing KIYG gold, Arunachal lifter Markio Tario sets priorities right
- Bengal Cabinet OKs scholarship scheme for OBC students