Guwahati: The helicopter in which Union Home Minister Amit Shah was scheduled to travel from Udalguri to Guwahati developed a technical snag forcing him to take the road on Monday, party sources said here.
Ahead of Assam Assembly Election, Shah had addressed an election rally at Udalguri, the third during the day in Assam, and was informed about the snag before he boarded the flight.
He later left by road for Guwahati, around 70 km, where he was scheduled to address party workers in a closed door meeting.
An Udalguri district official said that the snag was detected during a routine checkup before the VIP boarded the helicopter.
Shah had arrived here in the afternoon and addressed rallies at Jonai, Majuli from where Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal was contesting and Udalguri in Bodoalnd Territorial Region (BTR).
- PM Modi declares 36th National Games open in glittering ceremony
- Arunachal: Historic Dornier 228 aircraft to Ziro makes successful landing
- Meghalaya: Don’t waste time on Saket Gokhale’s challenge, CM tells media
- Manipur: Imphal River cleanliness drive begins in Kangpokpi district
- Meghalaya: 50 schools upgraded as part of infra improvement scheme
- Manipur women groups protest lifting of prohibition on alcohol