Tremors were felt in Nagaon and Sonitpur around 6 p.m. on Sunday.
An earthquake of 4.1 magnitude struck Nagaon and then another of magnitude 3.1 was felt in Sonitpur.
“Earthquake of Magnitude:4.1, Occurred on 21-03-2021, 17:52:41 IST, Lat: 26.53 & Long: 92.58, Depth: 25 Km,” tweeted the National Center for Seismology.
Thankfully, no casualties or property damage was reported. More details are awaited.
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation
- PCB miffed as New Zealand abandon Pakistan tour citing security threat