Guwahati: Various items, including liquor, drug and unaccounted cash, worth Rs 64.84 crore have been seized in the run-up to the assembly polls in Assam, according to a statement issued by the CEO’s office on Tuesday.
Unaccounted cash amounting to Rs 12.17 crore and liquor worth Rs 17.82 crore have been recovered from different parts of the northeastern state, it said.
Gold and silver ornaments valued at Rs 2.82 crore and narcotics worth Rs 27.13 crore have also been seized, the release issued by the office of the Chief Electoral Officer said.
Since the model code of conduct came into force, various agencies including the Assam Police, excise and income departments, revenue intelligence directorate, flying squads have been working round the clock and conducting search operations in all the districts of the state, it added.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19