Guwahat: The Assam government on Tuesday declared paid holidays in constituencies where the assembly elections will be held in three phases.
The move is aimed at enabling workers and employees in these areas to cast their votes, an official release said.
The holidays will be applicable in all factories, plantations, shops, commercial establishments and banking institutions in the constituencies, it said.
Elections to the 126-member Assam assembly will be held in three phases on March 27, April 1 and April 6.
- Need to strengthen health-based surveillance system: Union Minister
- Here’s how technology is radically changing sleep as we know it
- G20: India proposes medical countermeasure coordination platform for public good
- Why 40°C is bearable in a desert but lethal in the tropics
- After text messages on phone, extreme weather alerts on TV, radio soon
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems