Guwahati: With the objective of playing in ‘Indian Women’s League’ (IWL) shortly and developing women’s football, Guwahati City FC (GCFC) launched its Women Football team on March 8 on International Women’s Day.
The ‘GCFC Ladies’ consists of players from different parts of the state and was launched at the ‘Game On Arena’, Beharbari. AIFF-licensed and experienced women’s football coach Bitu Das has been appointed as the coach of ‘GCFC Ladies’. He will train the team under the supervision of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
“The team will compete in various local tournaments, state championships and prepare for IWL 2021-22 season,” said GCFC Co-Founder Darick Ranjan Deka. GCFC will soon start a centre of its Academy in the city to concentrate on women’s football.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs