Guwahati: With the objective of playing in ‘Indian Women’s League’ (IWL) shortly and developing women’s football, Guwahati City FC (GCFC) launched its Women Football team on March 8 on International Women’s Day.
The ‘GCFC Ladies’ consists of players from different parts of the state and was launched at the ‘Game On Arena’, Beharbari. AIFF-licensed and experienced women’s football coach Bitu Das has been appointed as the coach of ‘GCFC Ladies’. He will train the team under the supervision of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
“The team will compete in various local tournaments, state championships and prepare for IWL 2021-22 season,” said GCFC Co-Founder Darick Ranjan Deka. GCFC will soon start a centre of its Academy in the city to concentrate on women’s football.
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination
- Assam: 68 inmates shifted to new transit camp in Goalpara
- Bhaichung Bhutia joins Bharat Jodo Yatra; bats for ILP in Sikkim
- Congratulations pour in for Team India as they lift U-19 women’s T20 World Cup
- Rang Ghar will be promoted to place it on world tourism map: Assam CM