Guwahati: At least 245 people benefitted through a free health checkup camp organised by Marwari Hospitals at Nepeds Group of Institutions, Beltola, as part of pre-International Women’s Day celebrations on Monday.
Dr NN Sarma and Dr Anishul Choudhary, senior doctors from Marwari Hospitals, consulted the patients. Most of the patients were Beltola residents and students of Nepeds who were suffering from fever, cough, body and joint pain, headache, stomachache and sugar problem etc.
The main highlights of the health camp were free medicines, free diabetic screening, free blood pressure check-up, free doctor consultation and free weight checking. Doctors also counselled the beneficiaries regarding the precautions of COVID-19.
“The hospital’s small effort to reach the society may help the greater side of society to become more conscious and aware of the diseases and take precaution of their health,” said a release.
In the near future, the hospitals aim to organise more such free health camps to help needy patients with free medicine and free treatment across the state.
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants