Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal officially handed over the appointment letter to the newly appointed Deputy Superintendent of Assam Police and premier athlete ‘Dhing Express’ Hima Das today. The leading sprinter took oath as a Deputy Superintendent of Assam Police in presence of imminent state ministers in Guwahati.
The decision to appoint Das as DSP was taken in an Assam cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister at Dispur on Wednesday. Earlier, Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju made it clear that Hima will “keep running for India” in the future as well despite taking up the role of DSP.
Hima, nicknamed ‘the Dhing Express’, thanked the Chief Minister of Assam and said that the decision to appoint her as DSP of the Assam Police is a “huge motivation” for her.
Assam Police DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta, who was also present during the ceremony, said that not only is the athlete one of the best on the field, but is also an inspiring speaker.
- National Games: All eyes on Mirabai Chanu as weightlifting, 9 other disciplines start
- Armed forces must have mechanism for disciplinary proceedings against officers for adultery: SC
- Manipur to honour unsung heroes who fought against British rule: CM
- Durga Puja: Idols made of waste materials, ashtadhatu, silicon, more
- India wants relationship with China built on mutual respect: EAM
- Process for legal scientific mining starts in Meghalaya