Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal officially handed over the appointment letter to the newly appointed Deputy Superintendent of Assam Police and premier athlete ‘Dhing Express’ Hima Das today. The leading sprinter took oath as a Deputy Superintendent of Assam Police in presence of imminent state ministers in Guwahati.
The decision to appoint Das as DSP was taken in an Assam cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister at Dispur on Wednesday. Earlier, Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju made it clear that Hima will “keep running for India” in the future as well despite taking up the role of DSP.
Hima, nicknamed ‘the Dhing Express’, thanked the Chief Minister of Assam and said that the decision to appoint her as DSP of the Assam Police is a “huge motivation” for her.
Assam Police DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta, who was also present during the ceremony, said that not only is the athlete one of the best on the field, but is also an inspiring speaker.
- Indian women’s cricket team wins gold at Asian Games
- BJP elects Rikman Momin as Meghalaya state president
- Unveiling the splendours of creative expression: Ziro Literary Festival 2023 beckons
- 88-year-old hero from Mizoram’s Lawngtlai District receives Jeevan Raksha Padak
- Assam-origin entrepreneur launches tea brand with traceable chip packaging
- Mizoram: Ex-chairman of Chakma council convicted of corruption