Guwahati: In a unique initiative to understand the problems faced in the state, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) launched ‘Assam Bachao’ social media video contest on Tuesday.
The best videos every day will win prizes ranging from iPhone 12, OnePlus phones and cash awards.
The 10-day campaign till February 19 in the poll-bound state is aimed at understanding the issues directly from the people.
Launching the campaign, Assam MP Gaurav Gogoi, head of APCC’s manifesto committee said, “The first step to solve a problem is to acknowledge and understand a problem. This campaign is for that first step. The feedback from this campaign will tell us what are the most urgent issues to be taken up in our manifesto. The Congress party’s manifesto shall offer solutions to these very problems.”
Hailing the initiative, state Congress President Ripun Bora said, “Congress is gearing up for an innovative campaign that will bring out the people’s resentment against the BJP’s misrule. The BJP’s attempts to muzzle the people’s voices with intimidation and fear psychosis won’t last fill polling day. The people will show through the #AssamBachao campaign how desperate Assam is for change.”
How to participate:
1) Make a two-minute video on any issues or problems faced in Assam
2) Post the video along with the hashtag #AssamBachao on any major social media platform (Keep the post public)
3) Submit the link with required details on www.AssamBachao.in
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system