Guwahati: A 27-year-old man has been arrested at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand for allegedly impersonating an official of the Assam government and demanding money from people who have applied for various posts in the northeastern state, a police officer said on Friday.
An FIR was lodged with the Crime Branch here stating that one person, posing an as official of the Assam health department, was making phone calls to job aspirants and demanding money.
During investigation, the accused has been identified as Kamesh Pal, a resident of Chaukhari village in Garhwa district of Jharkhand.
A team of Guwahati police crime branch officers visited Jamshedpur and the arrested the accused.
- Karan Johar donates Rs 11 lakh to Assam Chief Minister Relief Fund
- Viruses can change your scent to make you more attractive to mosquitoes: Study
- Mizoram CM inducts journalist into party, says MNF in recruitment drive
- Rejuvenate Arunachal springs to solve drinking water problem: Expert
- Over 100 students from Sikkim Manipal infected by Nairobi Fly
- Mizoram: Aizawl to soon get two motorable flyovers