Guwahati: Ahead of the Assam elections, PM Narendra Modi is all set to visit Assam on February 7, and Assam Pradesh Congress Committee President Ripun Bora is ready with their set of questions for the PM.
In a press meet organised by Bora on Friday, the leader posed seven questions for PM Modi. Here are those questions:
1. Narendra Modi had declared that from May 16, 2014, all illegal Bangladeshis would have to leave Assam.
According to BJP, there are around 50 lakh Bangladeshis in Assam. As per the Home Ministry record, in 2016, 308 illegal migrants, in 2017, 51 illegal migrants, in 2018-19 only 50 illegal Bangladeshis were ousted from all over India. Now, will the PM ask forgiveness from the people of Assam for this monumental failure of his government?
2. From 1969, Assam has been getting funds as per the Special category status. Why did PM Modi withdraw the Special Category Status of Assam? People of Assam want to know. The withdrawal of Special Category Status by the BJP government has led to a loss of around Rs 8,400 crore every year. This has led to the deprivation of Assam from a huge amount of funds for development. The Sonowal government has been compelled to take loans and make Assam a debt-ridden state. Why did PM Modi do this great injustice to Assam?
3. As per the Vision Document 2016-2025 of BJP, they had promised to follow the Assam Accord in letter and spirit. The Assam Accord was accepted by the people of Assam irrespective of caste, community, and religion with March 25, 1971, as the cut-off date to distinguish between illegal migrants and citizens of Assam. Those who came to Assam after 1971 will be considered illegal migrants. But by bringing the CAA, the BJP has allowed Bangladeshis to come to India till December 31, 2014, and given them a red carpet welcome. So how are they going to fulfil Assam Accord in letter and spirit?
4. On February 25, 2020, the high-powered committee on Clause 6 of the Assam Accord submitted a report to CM Sarbanada Sonowal. It’s been almost a year now and forget about implementation, not a single word has been uttered by Modi Government at the Centre on this important report. Why this grave neglect towards the people of Assam?
5. PM Modi could not grant Scheduled Caste status to the six communities of Assam despite making promises at every BJP rally. Why?
6. PM Modi had assured two crore jobs for the unemployed every year. How many jobs did our Assam youths get? People of Assam want a reply from him. The time has come now to give a reply to all his promises.
7. The BJP Government had announced 1,000 crore for tea garden workers in Assam and Bengal. But what happened to the promise of giving a minimum wage of Rs 351.33 to tea garden workers?
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata