Guwahati: Assam girl Purbi Jain has been invited to witness the Republic Day parade from the Prime Minister’s Box at Rajpath, New Delhi, on January 26.
A class 11 commerce-stream student at Guwahati’s Royal Global School, Jain hails from Bijoynagar, near Guwahati. She completed her Class 10 from St. Claret School, Borjhar, Guwahati, and was the Northeast region’s topper in the All India Secondary School Examination, by scoring 598 marks out of 600.
Jain is among the 50 meritorious students selected from across India by the Directorate of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education to witness the Republic Day parade. The ministry invites meritorious students every year to witness the Republic Day parade live from Rajpath.
Speaking with EastMojo, Jain said she is very excited about the parade, which she will be attending with her father.
On how she felt upon receiving the invite, she said, “It can’t be expressed.”
Talking about her parents’ reaction, Jain said, “They were super emotional. They never expected such an invite, as I am the first person from my region [Bijoynagar] to get such an invitation.”
- Manipur: Five-armed village volunteers get bail in Imphal
- Mizo social activist wins inaugural Zakapa Award for advocating women’s safety
- Manipur govt issues show-cause notice to Airtel for data leakage
- Manipur: Only dialogue can bring peace, says HAC chairman
- Why delimitation is perceived as a threat to tribals in Tripura
- The Top 10 Universities in Australia: Shaping the Future