Guwahati: Two persons, including a tattoo artist from Guwahati, have been arrested for their alleged involvement in wildlife trafficking. A pangolin was allegedly recovered from them.
According to Guwahati range officials, the recovery was made from Khanapara in Guwahati from a Hyundai i10 car on Monday.
A wildlife crime control bureau official, who was part of the operation, said they had prior information about pangolin’s sale in Guwahati.
The officials of the forest department and the WCCB waited as the car arrived with the pangolin.
The duo including a tattoo artist from Guwahati and another from Barpeta told officials that they brought the animal from Goalpara. WCCB suspects that the animal was brought from Meghalaya.
“They trap the pangolins from Meghalaya mostly,” said the WCCB source.
- Arunachal: One more held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- ‘I have experienced racism in my life’: UK PM Rishi Sunak
- Meghalaya CM Sangma felicitates athletes, launches sports scholarship
- Manipur: Heroic homecoming for footballer Dangmei Grace at Imphal Airport
- Hornbill Festival 2022: WW-II peace rally, cultural shows, Naga chef, and much more
- Mizoram: Assam man’s body found after 18 days of stone quarry incident