Guwahati: The government of Assam awarded the Dr Banikanta Kakati Meri Award to 22,245 girl students of the state on Sunday, December 20.
The scooters were given to female students who passed the Higher Secondary examination 2020 with first division. This is part of Assam government’s flagship scheme under the Pragyan Bharati scheme.
Both the Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal, and the Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma distributed the scooters to the girl students of Kamrup and Kamrup (M) districts at a centrally organised function. This was held at Numali Jalah Parade Ground in Amingaon.
As for the girl students of the remaining districts, they will be given the scooters at a district-level function, which be held on January 2 and 3 of 2021.
A total of Rs 144.30 crore was spent to provide the scooties to 22,245 girl students. Meanwhile, 22,034 students have opted for petro-driven scooties and 211 of them have opted for a battery-driven one.
- Manipur: Armed men loots Rs 18.85 cr from Ukhrul PNB
- Mizoram to protest against ECI’s Sunday vote counting decision
- Nagaland: 9th edition of e-Naga Summit held in Kohima
- New era of peace in Manipur and NE region, says MLA RK Imo
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 30
- News outlets publish AI-generated image of rescue officials at Uttarakhand tunnel collapse site