Guwahati: Jadav Payeng, the ‘Forest Man of India’ has signed an agreement with Fundacion Azteca, a Mexican non-profit organisation to collaborate for environmental works in the North American country.
According to reports, the Padma Shri Awardee signed the agreement during the Ciudad de Oas Ideas (CDI) at Puebla City with former Mexican senator Ninfa Salinas Sada of Grupo Salinas, in the presence of CDI founder and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Social Change and the Free Flow of Knowledge Dr Andres Roemer and naturalist Rituraj Phukan.
On the collaboration, Embassy of Mexico in India tweeted, “Honoured to host extraordinary environmental activist from Flag of India, Jade Payeng, in @cddelasideas. He planted entire forest-40 million trees- with own hands. An alliance with @FundacionAzteca will lead to advance new tree planting in Flag of Mexico.”
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project