Assam has been awarded as the ‘Most Improved Big State (Overall)’ in the annual State of the States survey carried out by India Today.
Assam has been bagging the top spot for three consecutive years – 2020, 2019 and 2018. It scored 1,222.3 out of a score of 2,000 points.
Andhra Pradesh came second with 1,194.8 points , while Madhya Pradesh was third with 1,147.1 points.
Another state from Northeast, Manipur, won the ‘Most Improved Small State (Overall)’ award. With 1,228.4 points out of 2,000, Manipur outperformed its neighboruing state Tripura, the winner of 2019’s most improved small states category.
In other categories, Tamil Nadu won as the ‘Best Performing Big State (Overall)’ and Goa won in the ‘Best Performing Small State (Overall)’ section.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel