Assam has been awarded as the ‘Most Improved Big State (Overall)’ in the annual State of the States survey carried out by India Today.
Assam has been bagging the top spot for three consecutive years – 2020, 2019 and 2018. It scored 1,222.3 out of a score of 2,000 points.
Andhra Pradesh came second with 1,194.8 points , while Madhya Pradesh was third with 1,147.1 points.
Another state from Northeast, Manipur, won the ‘Most Improved Small State (Overall)’ award. With 1,228.4 points out of 2,000, Manipur outperformed its neighboruing state Tripura, the winner of 2019’s most improved small states category.
In other categories, Tamil Nadu won as the ‘Best Performing Big State (Overall)’ and Goa won in the ‘Best Performing Small State (Overall)’ section.
- Gauhati HC judge to head tribunal probing extremist groups in Manipur
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood