Guwahati: Assam forest department arrested two poachers from Medhikuchi area of the Sonapur Forest Range under Basistha forest office on November 17.
The Indian Army and Sonapur Police along with forest officials of the Sonapur Forest range carried out a joint operation at Tetelia in the upper Tepesia village of the Sonapur area.
Following the search operation, five monkey heads, monkey meat and other animal meat was recovered from the possession of the accused. Alongside these, two single barrel rifles and 11 rounds of live ammunition were also seized by the search team.
According to the Sonapur Police, the accused duo, identified as Lienhming Thang Hmar and Sona Viphe, hail from Garo hills and have been arrested under the Wildlife Protection Act.
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood
- Delhi man’s 21,000 KM blood donation walk reaches Nagaland