Guwahati: Assam forest department arrested two poachers from Medhikuchi area of the Sonapur Forest Range under Basistha forest office on November 17.
The Indian Army and Sonapur Police along with forest officials of the Sonapur Forest range carried out a joint operation at Tetelia in the upper Tepesia village of the Sonapur area.
Following the search operation, five monkey heads, monkey meat and other animal meat was recovered from the possession of the accused. Alongside these, two single barrel rifles and 11 rounds of live ammunition were also seized by the search team.
According to the Sonapur Police, the accused duo, identified as Lienhming Thang Hmar and Sona Viphe, hail from Garo hills and have been arrested under the Wildlife Protection Act.
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh