Guwahati: Just a few days after the surrender of ULFA number two Drishti Rajkhowa, Indian security forces dealt another major blow to the United Liberation Front of Asom-Independent (ULFA-I) with the arrest of a key cadre, self-styled 2nd Lt Prantik Asom. He was apprehended along with one .32 pistol, one magazine and nine live rounds on Thursday.
Also Read: ULFA (I) Number 2 Drishti Rajkhowa surrenders in Meghalaya
The operation was executed jointly by the Spear Corps of Indian Army and Assam olice near Pengeree Tinsukia. Prantik was the Chief of Logistics and Administration of camps of ULFA(I) in Myanmar. He was also a close aide to one of important ULFA(I) leader Arunodhoy Asom. The apprehended insurgent and recovered items were handed over to Tinsukia Police for further investigation.
On November 11, Drishti Rajkhowa aka Manoj Rabha, the deputy-commander-in-chief of ULFA (I), surrendered in Meghalaya.
Reacting to the development, ULFA-I commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah clarified that Rajkhowa surrendered with due permission from the rebel group.
- Assam CM thanks Modi, Shah for reducing areas in NE under AFSPA
- ISRO’s LVM3 successfully injects 36 satellites into intended orbits
- “Cheated” by lover, minor girl kills self in Assam’s Karimganj
- Congress begins day-long ‘Satyagraha’ across country
- Double Delight: Nitu, Saweety crowned world champions
- G20 delegates reach Arunachal, may visit Tawang today