Guwahati: Former chief minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi who has been undergoing treatment at the Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) has recorded an audio message addressing the people of Assam.
Gogoi sent out a public message for the first time since he was re-admitted at GMCH. He has thanked his well-wishers for ushering their love and support towards him.
“Without blessings from the people and God, it would not have been possible for me to do service to the society. I hope that people of Assam keep showing their love,” said the former chief minister in the message.
He has also stated how much he values the affection that he has received over the years from the public.
“Their love is what I believe is what I have earned during my political career and I hope to keep this I can carry on working for the people,” Gogoi added.
Less than a week after his release, former chief minister Tarun Gogoi was admitted to GMCH again on November 1.
The 86-year-old was admitted around 10.30 pm yesterday following complaints of chest pain and breathing issues.
Congress veteran Gogoi is a three-term chief minister of Assam from 2001-2016.
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood
- Delhi man’s 21,000 KM blood donation walk reaches Nagaland