Guwahati: Less than a week after his release, former chief minister Tarun Gogoi has been admitted to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) again on Sunday night.
The 86-year-old was admitted around 10.30 pm yesterday following complaints of chest pain and breathing issues. He is currently on ventilator support.
The ex-CM had tested positive for COVID-19 on August 25 and subsequently admitted to GMCH. He was released after two months of hospitalisation on October 25.
Congress veteran Gogoi is a three-term chief minister of Assam from 2001-2016.
Also Read: WATCH: Meet Esther, Mizoram’s 4-year-old singing sensation who has caught AR Rahman’s eye
- Bangladesh tries fences to tackle growing human-tiger conflict in Sundarbans
- Outcome of 2024 elections will ‘surprise’ people: Rahul Gandhi
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested
- Cong welcomes Shah’s peace plan for Manipur but questions delay