Guwahati: The written examination for recruitment of 597 posts of Sub Inspector (unarmed) in the Assam police which was cancelled earlier due to question paper leak is now scheduled to be held on November 22.
The newly constituted State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB) issued a statement and said that a formal notification will be sent to provide procedural details to the candidates.
The board has also assured that the exam will be conducted in a fair manner and every candidate will be given an equal opportunity to show their merit.
The question paper of the written exam for posts of sub-inspector in the Assam Police was leaked and authorities cancelled the test on September 20, minutes after it had commenced across the State.
There were around 66,000 candidates for 597 unarmed sub-inspector posts. It was earlier announced that within a month, new dates will be announced for the written examination, which will be followed by physical tests and computer knowledge.
Pradip Kumar, a retired IPS officer, resigned from the post of chairman SLPRB, citing moral responsibility to Assam Police SI recruitment case. Kumar was in charge of the board for a long time.
“The board has been reconstituted with a view to ensure a transparent recruitment to the posts of sub-inspector in Assam Police,” the CM’s office said in a statement.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA