Guwahati: In a significant development, the Assam Cabinet has decided to increase the upper age limit for state government jobs in Group III and Group IV categories to 40 years.
Apart from approving the amendment of Assam MSME Bill, the state Cabinet has also decided to take grant of Rs 116 crore from NABARD for completion of Dhansiri irrigation project.
The Orunodoi scheme was also approved during the meeting.
Final solution of the Naga peace talks should be confined in Nagaland: UCM
The State Cabinet also gave its approval for the Assam Heritage Protection and Preservation Bill.
It also decided to keep the areas falling under the jurisdiction of Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council and Tiwa Autonomous Council out of the purview of the proposed Assam State Capital Region.
Further, it also approved insurance to the tune of Rs 50 lakh to journalists, home guards and all casual employees who succumbs to COVID-19 infection while performing their duties.
Also Read: Amnesty International India castigates Delhi police role during Delhi riots in Feb
The Assam Skill Development University Bill too has been approved paving the way for setting up of Skill University at Mangaldai at a 100 bigha land at the cost of Rs 900 crore.
- Man sentenced to 100 years in prison for Indian-origin girl’s death in US
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts