Guwahati: Due to the increase in COVID-19 positive cases in Assam, Tezpur University has cancelled its entrance examinations. According to a statement by the university, it will admit students based on their performance in their last qualifying exam.
The exams were scheduled from May 29 to May 31, but got postponed a few times. The university statement read, “Unfortunately, there is no sign of improvement in the situation in the country in general and Assam in particular. Due to the prevailing situation, it is difficult for the aspiring candidates, invigilators and university representatives to reach the test centres located in different parts of the country & abroad to conduct the examination.”
Candidates who have submitted their online applications are now required to submit their mark sheet and grade cards. In case of a grading system, grade to percentage of marks conversion formula has to be submitted by the candidate. “The provision for online submission of mark sheets, grade cards, and other relevant documents will be intimated to the candidate through messages to their registered mobiles or by e-mail shortly. The last date for uploading the document is July 31, 2020,” read the statement.
Also Read: Tibet is Shangrila, a home we never saw
For any query, students may contact the university helpline numbers 03712-27-3142/49.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands