Guwahati: Altogether 786 new COVID-19 positive cases have been detected in Assam till Monday midnight. Out of these cases, 598 cases have been detected in Guwahati city alone.
Announcing this, Assam minster for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma has urged people to follow social distancing and maintaining all COVID-19 related protocols.
Also Read: Assam: Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to be upgraded to national park
Also Read: Manipur ministry reshuffled; deputy CM Joykumar gets finance & others
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam is 12,522. Out of these, 7,882 have been recovered and 4,623 are active cases. Altogether 14 persons have died in Assam due to the disease so far.
In a Twitter message, the Assam minister said, “Alert ~ 786 new cases detected in Assam today, with 598 cases from Guwahati City alone.
Please follow #SocialDistancing, wear #mask & maintain hygiene.
Total cases 12522
Active cases 4623
11:40 PM/July 06/ Day’s total 786.”
- Imran Khan says stage set for his ‘court martial’
- Assam: Three suspended for leaking CCTV footage of accident
- Manipur: Haobam Paban Kumar’s film ‘Joseph ki Macha’ to premiere at Shanghai Int’l Film Fest
- China should be confronted strategically: Cong president Kharge
- Solimla Jajo among 7 from Manipur to qualify for World Championships
- US Consul General seeks to locate remains of US soldiers killed in Assam in WWII