Surmounting all challenges, the Indian Army completed the construction of a Composite Bridge at the blow out site of Well Number 5 in Baghjan Oil Field on 22 June 2020.
Oil India Limited on 14 June through the Civil Administration had requisitioned assistance of Indian Army for construction of the bridge at the incident site.
The execution of this engineering feat was a challenging task that involved mobilisation of 233 metric tons of bridging stores over 400 kilometres. 150 specially trained troops of Army undertook the task for construction under extremely risky and hazardous conditions in the vicinity of the raging fire with working temperatures exceeding 75 degrees Celsius.
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’