Guwahati: Assam reported another 89 new cases of COVID-19. These cases have been reported from Kamrup, Tinsukia, Guwahati, Dhubri, Chaachar and Dhemaji. This information was shared by the state health minister, Himanta Biswa Sharma. 144 positive cases were reported on Friday.
Earlier, 16 patients were discharged in Assam. The total number of discharged patients stands at 125.
Of the latest discharged patients, 12 are from Mahendra Mohan Choudhury Hospital in Guwahati, 3 from Silchar Medical College and Hospital and 1 from Jorhat Medical College and Hospital.
In an interesting development, a Digboi woman in her mid-40s, with no travel history and contact history, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday night. The district administration declared the area as containment zone.
- This Manipuri Iron Man is making waves, turning waste to wealth
- Kuki National Front chief held in Delhi
- COVID-19 virus evolving to get better at becoming airborne, study shows
- Mizoram’s lone dedicated COVID hospital facing severe staff shortage
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 20
- Watch: 5-yr-old ‘spider girl’ climbs up ceiling, does air-splits