Kokrajhar: Life came to a standstill as a heavy hailstorm lashed over different parts of the district and its’ adjoining areas on Tuesday.
One of the most affected areas in the entire district is Dholmara under Salakati police outpost in Kokrajhar district.
Several houses have been damaged and century-old trees have been uprooted during the devastation here. Supply of electricity in the whole area has also been affected as many electric poles were uprooted during the hailstorm. Representatives from the district administration visited the affected areas to take stock of the situation.
Meanwhile, moderate rain or thundershowers are likely to occur at many places over Assam till May 30, a forecast by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands