Tinsukia: A retired SSB jawan allegedly shot dead his wife, son and maternal uncle in Assam’s Dibrugarh district on Monday and fled with his weapon, prompting police to take to Twitter to “alert” citizens.
The deceased have been identified as Swapna Das, Nabajyoti Das and Ghana Kanta Hazarika.
Dibrugarh police tweeted at 3.29 pm: Anyone having any information on the below mentioned person is requested to immediately contact PCR at 6002075019. He has shot dead 3 of his family members at around 11:30 AM and fled.
Name: Sanjay Das
Address: Hukanphukhuri, PS: Borboruah.
He is armed and dangerous.
Taking to EastMojo, additional superintendent of police, Padmanabh Baruah, said, at around 11.00 am, the accused, a resident of Hukanphukhuri under Borboruah police station, shot dead his wife and son at his residence with a .32 pistol. “Das shot his wife when she was in the kitchen and his son at the time he was sleeping.”
“After killing the duo, Das fired at his maternal uncle (mama), Ghana Kanta Hazarika, 76, who resides at Kumaranisiga along national highway 37 in the town,” Baruah said, adding that after the heinous crime he fled with arms.
He said the three were declared dead by Assam Medical College and Hospital.
“The post mortem of the deceased person has been conducted and a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprit.”
A source in Dibrugarh police told EastMojo that a murder case has been registered and an investigation is underway. “The motive behind the murder is still unclear,” he added. Attempts to speak to the superintendent of Dibrugarh police turned futile.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated