Guwahati: Seven more persons have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the state on Thursday. This takes the state’s tally to 86 cases, State health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced this in his Twitter.
Among the seven persons tested positive, all are the patients and attendants who came from Mumbai and now in quarantine.
The seven persons have been identified as Manoranjan Saha, Pradip Kumar Bania, Gopindra Chandra Malakar, a 13-year-old (name withheld), P Basudev Patowari, Nilakantha Deb and Mina Rani Bania.
“7 patients & attendants who came from Mumbai & now in quarantine tested positive. Cancer: 1. Manoranjan Saha 2.Pradip Kumar Bania 3. Gopindra Chandra Malakar; Heart: 4. 13-year-old (name withheld) Attendants:5. P Basudev Patowari 6. Nilakantha Deb 7. Mina Rani Bania,” Sarma wrote in his Twitter.
Earlier on Wednesday, 15 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Guwahati, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. All the new cases are related to a person who recently tested positive in Guwahati’s Fancy Bazar.
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat: Date, history and celebrations
- Assam police officer arrested for accepting bribe
- Arrested Meghalaya BJP leader not cooperating with sex racket probe: Police
- Boxers Nikhat Zareen, Amit Panghal, and Nitu grab CWG gold medals
- Security beefed up at Kolkata’s Indian Museum after shooting
- EC issues ‘Certification of Election’ to next VP Dhankhar