Guwahati: Soon after the 21-day nationwide lockdown was announced, an overriding fear that the lockdown would hit supplies resulted in a scramble at supermarkets and grocery stores in various places across the nation. However, in order to curb the crowding of shops and provide hassle-free buying of essential commodities, the Kamrup Metropolitan administration in Assam has allotted time slots for all wholesale and retail shops in the district.
As per the order, while wholesale shops will remain open between 8 am and 4 pm, retail shops will remain open from 9 am to 6 pm. The time slot for retail shops will also be applicable for fair price shops, departmental stores and shopping malls (grocery sections).
As per the order, shop owners will have to sanitize their shops in a routine interval and will ensure social distancing for the staff members and customers.
While shops across the nation have been seen taking unique initiatives such as marking the floor for customers to maintain distance, there were also several reports of people indulging in panic buying and crowding grocery shops.
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case