Guwahati: Assam gynaecologist and a women entrepreneur from the state has just clinched four gold medals at an international powerlifting event.
Dr Anindita Priyadarshini Das, hailing from Duliajan in upper Assam’s Dibrugarh district, bagged the gold medals at the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships held in Canada recently.
Also Read: Assam armwrestler Monoj Leen Debnath bags silver in China Open
As per sources, 52-year-old Das, a mother of two daughters, has been pursuing her powerlifting career for the past two years. As per reports, Das initially showed an interest for normal workout at a gym, however she diverted her interest to powerlifting as she started to gain confidence.
The 8th Women and Men Open Masters Commonwealth Powerlifting Chapionship is being held at Newfoundland in Canada from September 15 to 21 this year.
- Meghalaya: Citizens, forest officials nab illegal timber
- India will become ‘Vishwaguru’ in knowledge: Assam Governor
- Congress protests in Guwahati over action against Rahul
- What Vincent van Gogh’s letters to his family say about why he became an artist
- Countdown for LVM3-M3 OneWeb India-2 mission begins
- Why Tripura’s youngest MLA says youth are ‘bound to join politics’