Guwahati: Assam Police’s social media initiative, #TheThinkCampaign has been awarded with the Social Media for Empowerment Award for community mobilisation initiative by the Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) on Friday.
The award was received by Assam Police ADGP Harmeet Singh and the event was organised by New Delhi-based DEF, which aims to end information poverty in rural and remote locations of India through a digital revolution.
Taking to Twitter, the state police announced its latest laurel for their much-lauded social campaign. It said, “Social Media, used responsibly is always a force for the greater good. We are delighted to announce that our #TheThinkCampaign won the coveted Social Media For Empowerment Award by @DEFindia for Community Mobilisation. ADGP Harmeet Singh, received the award in Delhi, yesterday.”
Assam Police turned around its social media game plan last year after fake news claimed the lives of two budding musicians in the state, and ever since, they’ve been unstoppable.
“The Think Campaign” by Assam Police has broken the internet very often. Their pun-tastic takes at social issues and mass sensitisation ideas have won hearts, both within the country and outside.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF