Guwahati: Bihu, the Assamese festival of colour and celebration, has now reached outer space, quite literally. A video of NASA astronaut Mike Fincke performing the traditional dance in zero gravity has gone viral on social media.
Also Read: Bihu & creation of Assamese sub-nationalism
Fincke, who has been stationed at the International Space Station, is married to an Assamese woman, Renita Saikia, and is seen doing the signature steps of Bihu wearing a traditional red and white ‘gamusa’ in the video.
This viral video was first shared on Twitter, after which it went viral. The video has gained a lot of praise from the residents of the state.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands