New Delhi: With the final phase of the assembly elections in Assam taking place on Tuesday, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that at a time when there is an “irresponsible” Election Commission and negative politics is being played by the ruling BJP, the people of Assam will choose the path of guarantee of development and progress.
Polling for 40 seats in the final phase of the assembly elections in Assam is underway and it will decide the fate of 337 candidates.
In a Facebook post in Hindi, Priyanka Gandhi said, “Today is the last phase of elections in Assam. I appeal to all my sisters and brothers to vote in large numbers to strengthen the democratic process.”
“At a time when there is an irresponsible Election Commission (EC) and negative politics is being played by the ruling party, the people of Assam will choose the path of guarantee of development and progress,” the Congress general secretary said.
- What is a DAO? Different types of DAOs
- Meghalaya: ECC to stage protest as govt fails to frame action plan for coke plants
- Assam: Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022 begins in Guwahati amid fanfare
- India’s Covid infection tally rises by 226, active caseload declines to 4,529
- Himanta announces additional Rs 5 cr for Assam Agitation Welfare Trust
- International Hornbill Naga Wrestling c’ship: Kezhaseluo-o Pienyü retains title