Sarma allegedly made threatening remarks against opposition leader Hagrama Mohilary of the Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) on March 29.
He has been asked to respond to the notice by 5 pm on April 2.
The Congress had approached the EC alleging that Sarma had threatened to send Mohilary to jail by misusing the NIA.
The Bodoland People’s Front is an ally of the Congress in Assam.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF