Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Sunday congratulated Lt Gen K T Parnaik (Retd) on being appointed as the new governor of the state.
President Droupadi Murmu on Sunday appointed Parnaik as governor of the northeastern state.
“Respect and congratulations to Lt General Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik, PVSM, UYSM, YSM (retired) on being appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh,” Khandu tweeted.
“Look forward to learning from your vast experience and working with you for prosperity of our state,” he added.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Parnaik replaced Brig (Retd) Dr B D Mishra, who has been appointed as Governor of the Union Territory of Ladakh.
Mishra had assumed office in the northeastern state on October 3, 2017.
Also read | Lt Gen Kaiwalya Parnaik (retd) is Arunachal’s new Governor
- Bengal man finds his ‘dead’ son alive in Balasore makeshift morgue
- Scoop: Exploring the perils of crime reporting and the fight for justice
- Assam: Public land protection cells to redress encroachment issues
- Odisha train crash: 40 passengers may have died of electrocution
- Concerted effort needed for peace in Manipur: Prof Meijinlung Kamson
- Conrad, Himanta showing interest in solving state-border dispute: BJP