Guwahati: President of India Droupadi Murmu on Sunday appointed Lieutenant General Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik (retired) as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
He replaces Brig. (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd.), who has now been appointed as Governor of Ladakh.
Lt Gen Parnaik (retd) served as commander of the Army’s prestigious Northern Command.
Apart from making fresh appointments, the President also reshuffled Chhattisgarh governor Sushri Anusuiya Uikye to take charge as Governor of Manipur. Manipur governor La Ganesan has been appointed as Governor of Nagaland.
“The above appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their respective offices,” an official communication from the President’s office stated said.
- Assam: Forces posted at Indo-Bhutan border sensitised on wildlife crime
- Pol party seeks removal of ‘non-indigenous’ Gaon Bura in Dimapur
- Merge TIPRA with Congress, lead the party: Tripura MLA to Pradyot Debbarman
- Assam: Major earthquake jolts Guwahati
- Nagaland: NCC girls’ band representing NE for R-Day 2024 begins practice
- Mizoram: Guv inaugurates Raj Bhavan’s first-ever Gandhi Jayanti exhibition