Road cyclists in Arunachal are rarer than hen’s teeth and understandably so. One, road cycling is hardly a sport that matches traditional powerhouse sports like cricket, football, hockey or even basketball. Two, in a state which is famous for its mountains, road cycling is an afterthought, if at all. Three, road cycling is an expensive option, and not everyone can buy their teenage children such expensive products in the hope that they pick the sport up and become good at it.
All this makes Arunachal Pradesh’s Ginjing Tari’s story all the more inspiring. And he is only 12 years old.
It is not often that just before an event, a participant accepts that he may not be the best. But that is the first impression Tari gives when he says “Sir, is baar medal ana thoda......
- Lie detectors: body language tells little about honesty
- Does Anubhav Sinha’s ‘Bheed’ fail to show true tragedy of the pandemic?
- ICMR study to assess connection between heart attack deaths, Covid
- Meghalaya Cong MP writes to PM to build women’s markets
- EU removes Pakistan from list of ‘High-Risk Third Countries’
- Why the ethics of octopus farming is so troubling