Guwahati: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Pema Khandu, has inspected the status of under-construction Jang to Mago road in Tawang District.
Constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), the 23-km-long strategic road will reduce the distance to Tulung La Pass along the Indo-Tibet border, located at around 17,600 feet above sea level.
The road will also boost tourism to Mago Village which is the ‘treasure house of hot springs’.
It will be of utmost significance for the defence personnel, as the stretch will support military movement near the Line of Actual Control (LAC), maintaining a stern lookout on the Chinese troops.
Khandu on Thursday posted a video, mentioning that only a 3km stretch is left for formation cutting. The road will be ready within two months, he further said.
Taking to Twitter, he wrote, “Trekked to see the status of under construction Jang to Mago Road. The road is strategic as it will cut short distance to Tulung La Pass on border of Tibet-China as well as boost tourism to Mago – treasure house of hot springs. Don’t miss a chance to visit Mago & take a hot bath.”
- Sikkim chief secretary holds meeting with officials on G20 events
- Bills introduced in Lok Sabha to revise ST lists in four states
- BJP’s loss in MCD, Himachal polls show ‘Modi Magic’ fading: Tripura ex-CM
- Shrine dedicated to mark centenary of arrival of Salesian Sisters in Northeast
- Meghalaya 2023: Can the BJP turn support into seats in Garo Hills?
- Tripura: BSF-BGB resolve to end border killings, combat insurgents