Itanagar: Governor Brig (Retd) B D Mishra on Thursday flagged off motorcyclist Nabam Rana who will be representing Arunachal Pradesh in the All India Motorbike Expedition (AIME).
Rana, a member of the Arunachal Bullet Club, will be joining 76 other bikers from various parts of the country for the AIME which is scheduled to be flagged off from New Delhi on September 09 next.
Organized as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav by Sports Authority of India, Cultural Ministry of India, Fit India Movement, Art of Living and others, the 21000-km-long expedition will cover the iconic places of all the 28 states and 8 union territories of India.
The theme of the expedition is ‘Tujhme Bharat-Mujhme Bharat’.
Addressing the motorcyclists of Arunachal Bullet Club before the flag off at Raj Bhawan here, the governor urged them to promote the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Wherever you go you must bring about the unity and integrity of the society, state and the nation, Mishra told the riders.
Commending Rana for being selected for the one of its kind expedition, which aims to promote nationalism, the governor advised him to spread information about the progress of Arunachal Pradesh, its rich cultural heritage and developmental achievements.
He also asked Rana to be the ambassador of Arunachal Pradesh and spread the goodwill of the state’s people across the country.
- PETA India seeks changes in Wild Life Bill to prevent elephants ownership
- All you need to know about ‘binge-eating disorder’, more common than many realise
- Nepal polls: Rise of two new parties ends monopoly of traditional forces in Madhes region
- Over 2,900 communal violence cases registered in India in last 5 years
- India will steer celebration of International Millet Year 2023: PM
- India home to diversity of faiths; will continue to encourage it: US