Itanagar: The Centre has approved two new tourist circuits for Arunachal Pradesh to boost tourism in the northeastern state, officials said here on Wednesday.
The new tourist circuits are Dibrugarh – Deomali – Hukanjuri – Khonsa in Tirap district and Dibrugarh – Kanubari – Longding in Longding district of the state, they said.
“The proposal of Arunachal Pradesh government relating to opening of new tourist routes has been examined by the central government. It has, accordingly, been decided with the approval of the competent authority in the Ministry of Home Affairs to open the two new tourist routs in Arunachal Pradesh for tourism purpose, a circular from the union home ministry stated.
The MHA also urged the Arunachal Pradesh government to augment the capacity of district administration including police of Tirap and Longding districts to cater to the security of the area for creating an environment conducive to promoting tourism, the officials said.
The activities of tourists to be adequately monitored by the concerned agencies,” the order further stated.
A post by the Arunachal Pradesh tourism department welcomed the opening of the new tourist routes. “Now hitherto unknown, unexplored destinations of both these districts will be open for tourists. This will in turn boost the local economy and people’s livelihood. Tourists will be able to experience the enchanting culture, dances and cuisine of the area,” it said.
Also read | Arunachal reports 104 new Covid-19 cases
- Former Pak PM Imran Khan took most items from Toshakhana for free
- China continues rare military drills around Taiwan even after 4 days
- Top TTP commander Khorasani, 3 others killed in Afghanistan blast
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh
- Dalai Lama congratulates Vice President-elect Jagdeep Dhankhar