Guwahati: In a major breakthrough against insurgency activities, the Assam Rifles in a major crackdown, has apprehended one Overground Worker (OGW) of the banned terror outfit National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K) in Arunachal Pradesh.
Acting on specific inputs, the paramilitary troop launched a joint operation along with the Arunachal Pradesh Police and successfully apprehended the militant.
The cadre was detained from Longding Town in Arunachal Pradesh’s Longding District.
The Assam Rifles wrote on Twitter: “ASSAM RIFLES APPREHENDS ONE OGW OF NSCN (K) IN ARUNACHAL PRADESH #AssamRifles, on 11 June, in a joint operation with Police apprehended one OGW of NSCN (K) in general area Longding Town, Longding District, Arunachal Pradesh.”
- Sri Lanka civil society expresses displeasure over 22nd Amendment
- The five drawbacks to following your passion
- Women’s Hockey WC: India eye revenge against England in opener
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack