Itanagar: In a major medical achievement, an orthopedic surgeon and his team of a state-run hospital in Arunachal Pradesh has successfully performed a total hip replacement surgery on a 39-year-old patient.
The surgery was performed by Dr Dukhum Magu and his team from Khandro Drowa Sangmo District Hospital in Tawang on Thursday.
The male patient, who was suffering from a painful limp for over a year, was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the right hip joint following which the joint replacement surgery was performed.
During a hip replacement, the head of the femur is replaced with a prosthetic head on a shaft, and the joint surface of the acetabulum is lined with a bowl-shaped synthetic joint surface.
Total hip replacement is a major orthopedic operation and needs the best surgical acumen.
Dr Magu, who is also the medical superintendent of the district hospital has conducted several major orthopedic procedures including Ilizarovs operation, tibia nailing and correction of many malunion of long bones.
There are many more orthopedic cases in Tawang which can be corrected, the doctor said while advising the people to come forward for consultation.
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance
- Rajnath Singh launches 2 indigenously built warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’
- Trained sniffer dogs may detect Covid infected airport passengers: Study
- WPI inflation at record high in April on price rise across all items
- Manipur: Even floods can’t stop these kids from coming to school in Noney
- Govt OKs exporting wheat registered with customs prior to ban