Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Brig (Retd) Dr B D Mishra on Saturday pledged to donate his body parts for the needy people and urged people to do the same.
He signed an undertaking in this regard with the Guwahati-based Zublee Foundation, an NGO working to encourage people to support deceased organ donation, according to a Raj Bhavan statement here.
Mishra said that a person, even after death, can save many lives by donating organs if they are pledged.
The governor had also spoken to Chief Minister Pema Khandu on the issue of adopting the Transplantation of Human Organs Act for facilitating deceased organ donations and transplantation as an alternative option for the people of the state.
Khandu has assured Mishra that necessary steps will be taken in the ongoing Assembly session.
A number of the Raj Bhavan officials also pledged to donate their organs, the statement added.
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu
- Vote NPF for development of Nagaland: Party leader Thenucho Tunyi
- Hardcore: Elon Musk’s management style case study in what not to do